Pacific University and Forest Grove United Church of Christ

Marsh Hall with trees in bloomForest Grove UCC was founded by Harvey Clark and his wife Emeline.  Late in 1845  the West Tuality Plains First Congreational Church built it’s first building at the corner of 21st and Main Street.

In October of 1847, Tabitha Brown found her way to the West Tualatin Plains and met the Clarks.  She began an orphan school that soon became the Tualatin Academy and eventually, what we know today as Pacific University.   (A Changing Mission: The Story of a Pioneer Church.)